The Loudoun County Business Recovery & Reinvention Grant (BRRG) is designed to fund innovative solutions to accelerate business growth for companies that have needed to pivot in the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Loudoun County will provide grants of up to $50,000 to help enable companies to make a change to their business model, adopt new technologies or practices, or otherwise reinvent their business to cope with the economic and/or public health requirements and challenges during the pandemic.
Some examples of potential areas of reinvention could include, but are not limited to:
- Restaurants who have or will offer take-home meals who need a new walk-in cooler, deep freezer, or other equipment.
- Service businesses who have added or need to add staff, vehicles or other equipment to continue to offer delivery options.
- Businesses who have undertaken (or will undertake) website creation or updates and/or app or software development for e-commerce or remote work capabilities.
- Businesses who have undertaken (or will undertake) building improvements for adding protective equipment or the updating of health and safety standards.
- Rural businesses or farms who have implemented (or will implement) new business practices to respond to changes in demand or increased product delivery options.
The BRRG application portal opens on December 1, 2021 at 12 p.m. (noon). Visit the Loudoun County Department of Economic Development web site for more information.